This article shows how you can migrate your data from Mosets Tree 2.1.x running on Joomla 1.5 to Mosets Tree 2.2 running on Joomla 2.5.
Mosets Tree 2.1 and 2.2 shares the same database and file structures, therefore the migration can be done simply by moving Mosets Tree 2.1 data over to your new site running Mosets Tree 2.2:
- On your new Joomla 2.5 site, install the latest version of Mosets Tree 2.2.
- Remove all jos_mt_* tables from your new site's database. This is to make way for your original data from your existing old site.
- Move all jos_mt_* tables from old site to new site's database by exporting all Mosets Tree tables (tables that starts with jos_mt_ prefix) from your old site and import it back to your new site's database.
- If you have images uploaded to your old site, migrate these directories over to your new site:
- If you have attachments from your old site, migrate this directory over to your new site:
- If you have any non-default templates in Mosets Tree, migrate the template directories over to your new site at:
- Login to your new site's back-end and go to this URL:
This will complete your upgrade to Mosets Tree 2.2.
That's all to it and you have completed the migration.